Monday, April 21, 2014

New paint

I have been up in the air as to how I want to paint the car.  It's going to be a cheap job, as the Subie is more of a beater than anything.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving it, but it's pretty beat up and I don't really care enough to put all the effort into fixing every little ding that the car has.  I had planned on painting the car with Rustoleum, either by spray can or by the infamous roller paint job, and my choices are between black or charcoal gray.

I was messing around in the garage, yesterday, kind of aimlessly.  I found a couple cans of semi-gloss black, some sandpaper, mineral spirits, and my replacement fender I got from another SLi member.  Behold my awesome rattle-can skills.


I'm really liking the semi-gloss black.  The fender has a couple of very small dings, which are easily hidden.  I'm pretty sure the whole car will get treated with semi-gloss black and probably do bronze for my summer wheels.  I always wanted a black car.

No comments:

Post a Comment