Sunday, April 27, 2014

What a rookie!

I actually got to wrench on the car today, although, it wasn't as much as I would have liked.  I only go the plugs, plug wires, and coil done.  The old plugs were pretty worn/widely gapped, coming in a .060 or wider.  I also found the boot on the number four plug wire ripped.  Either way, I shouldn't have anymore trouble with my misfire while it's wet.  I did make a rookie mistake and forgot to gap the new plugs on the driver's side, so I had to pull them all over again.  Anyone who has a DOHC Subaru knows how much of a pain this can be.

Working in my engine bay reminded me just how dirty it really is after my last motor blew up and spewed oil all over the place...I need to take some degreaser and a hose to it when I'm done with all this work.

I also found out what the little rattle was under my car when I hit bumps...left a swaybar endlink bolt loose when I did the front end rebuild.  That's fixed now, too.  Finally, some progress...feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment