Monday, May 5, 2014

Fighting every step of the way...

Sometimes, I think this car is cursed.  It has fought me every step of the way.  Seized bolts, an engine failure, transmission problems, and the rest.  I finally got the driver's side brakes done, including new rotors, Powerstop Evolution Plus Pads, and regreased pins with new boots.  I also painted everything with some Duplicolor black caliper paint I had laying around (it needs touched up).  The passenger's side upper pin is completely seized though.  It doesn't matter how much heat and WD-40 I lay on it, or how much I beat it, it will not come out.  So, I'll be ordering a new bracket and set of pins, leaving the car in the garage until I can get some spare time after my work week to get that side finished.


Tomorrow, I am going to start taking out the old transmission.  Since I recently had them apart, I'm not so worried about separating them, but I am worried about the transmission mount/crossmember bolts.  That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment